Slug: applications Date: 2002-11-26 Title: Applications layout: post
Sid is a Mac OS X weblog client for the Conversant internet groupware product.
More information about Conversant can be found here:<p>
1) You're running Mac OS X
2) You have a site (conversation) at http://free-conversant.com (or you are running a conversant site hosted by Macrobyte). Sid is in alpha testing and will be available for download soon. What Sid can do:
1) Post messages to your Conversant site. You'll need to know the zone name and conversation name. If you do not know these, you can post a message at http://support.free-conversant.com and the ever-helpful Conversant community will assist you.
2) Optionally add the message to a weblog on your site. Manage your list of weblogs.
3) Sid saves your connection document as a .conv file, and you can have multiple documents open at once. Each one will post to the conversation identified in the settings.
4) If an error occurs, a sheet will appear detailing the error. There's an option to "email error report". Click the button to launch/switch to Mail.app, add any comments you'd like, and send it. I'll try to respond to bug reports quickly.
5) Sid lets you add italic, bold, underline, resources, and links to selected text in your post via the keyboard and menus.
More information will be available on the Sid website. If you are a Conversant user on Mac OS X and would like to participate in beta-testing, you can drop me a line and I'll most likely get you in on it.