Slug: cvs Date: 2002-02-07 Title: CVS layout: post
I've spent most of the morning checking in changes to my application here at work. I've found a pretty good process that helps me makes sure that the comments that go into CVS represent what has changed in the code.
- Use CVL to identify changed files.
- Open the file in FileMerge to see the differences between versions.
- I have an OmniOutliner document for tracking change notes.
- I go through the diff in FileMerge, and put my comments in the outline under the filename.
- When done, I paste the comments from OmniOutliner into the comments field when checking in the code.