R. Steven Ivy
About Steve - Objective - Summary Of Experience - Work History - Education
Other - References
I am a motivated developer with a keen interest in web-based communcation systems, intranets, and web-enabling legacy software. I have worked in a variety of team environments, both in creative and consulting roles. I have been a part of a consulting team, gathering requirements for a large information system, and working to help define &emdash; and then implement &emdash; the web-based components of the system.
I thrive in multi-platform environments, where my problem-solving skills are useful in developing cross-platform and multi-system solutions.
To obtain a position as a Web Developer in a creative, team-oriented environment. This position will utilize my current development and design capabilities in online communication while providing an opportunity to grow and acquire new skills.
Summary Of Experience
- 6 yrs Web application development (server-side and client-side)
- 6 yrs Web design
- 8 yrs Graphic design
U-Haul International - Phoenix, AZ
Oct. 2001 - July 2002: WebObjects Programmer
- Ported several existing applications from WebObjects 4.5 to WebObjects 5.1 (Java).
- Ported several existing frameworks of business logic from WebObjects 4.5 to 5.1.
- Built several internal utility web applications
- Introduced CVS to the development process and trained several other developers in its use.
Redmonk Development - Portsmouth, VA
Dec. 99 - Oct. 2001: Owner
- Built an online medical education site, testing engine, and administration system in Frontier/Manila.
- Developed Sid, a weblog client for Mac OS X for the Conversant internet groupware product.
Compass Technology Management, Christian Broadcasting Network - Chesapeake, VA (Compass Technology Mgmt. was a spin-off of CBN)
June 1998 &emdash; Oct. 2001: Web Architect, Developer, Analyst, R & D (for CTM)
- Directed a team of web developers in the design and development of web applications for Compass' internet and intranet sites.
- Participated in requirements gathering and product definition for a large enterprise application.
- Directed a team of developers in implementing several prototype web interfaces for the application.
- Platforms included both Microsoft and Java web application technologies.
- Championed the adoption of Linux, CVS, and Java as foundational technologies in support of Internet Development practice.
Internet Developer (for CBN)
- Worked in continuing production of the CBN intranet site.
- Contributed to the design of version 2 of the Compass web site.
- Produced version 2 of the Compass web site, automated using custom code in the Frontier scripting environment.
Artlab Europe - Altensteig, Germany
January 1996 - April 1998: Technical Director
- Performed general technical research.
- Maintained a lab of Macintosh computers, managing software installation and troubleshooting.
- Initiated and oversaw the installation and management of a unix-based internet and intranet server
- Developed numerous Perl and mSQL-based web applications.
- Trained graphic designers in web-based graphics production.
- Contributed to the design and production of print products.
- Contributed to the selection and purchase of web design and development tools.
- University of the Nations - Lausanne, Switzerland B.A. in Graphic Design - September, 1996
- Various technical seminars and conferences.
- Self-study, Programming WebObjects 1, with online tutoring by an experienced WO developer
- 6 Years experience in cross-cultural environments in the U.S., Europe, and Africa with international , Christian non-profit organization (Youth With a Mission).
- 2 Years experience in an international, cross-cultural business environment in Europe.
7 Dream Jeopardy Categories
The Writable Web
The History of XML
All things Macintosh
Cheeses Of Europe
<a --="--" href="<!--#enclosure filename=" linkonly="true" steveivyresume.doc"="steveivyresume.doc"" urlonly="true">"><img --="--" linkonly="true" src="<!--#enclosure filename=" urlonly="true" wordicon.gif"="wordIcon.gif"" />" height="35" width="27"border="0"></a>
<a --="--" href="<!--#enclosure filename=" linkonly="true" steveivyresume.doc"="steveivyresume.doc"" urlonly="true">">steveivyresume.doc</a>
|Mac OS X Server 1.x, 10.x
Mac OS X DP2 - 10.x
Mac OS 7 - 9.x
Windows 95, 98, NT 4.0, 2000